what revival is, and what it is not.
I’ll repeat it a million times – the height of revival is hidden in the heart for revival.
- Revival is not about a revival service but a repentant season.
- Revival is not about the attractiveness and charisma of Man but the anointing and calling by the Holy Spirit.
- Revival is not about awesome worship and lifestyles but authentic worship and lifestyles.
- Revival is not about becoming emotional and knowledgeable but becoming enlightened and knowing God.
- Revival is not about being loaded with the Spirit but being led by the Spirit.
- Revival is not about programme-driven praying but prayer-driven programmes.
- Revival is not about a group of radical young people but an individual who reveres God.
- Revival is not about observing and admiring the Word but obeying and applying the Word.
- Revival is not about cheerful fellowship that is happening but confrontational fellowship that is humbling.
- Revival is not about enduring sin and worldly values but eliminating sin and worldly values.
- Revival is not about conversing about our spiritual condition but coming clean with our spiritual condition.
- Revival is not about the habits of our hands but the health of our hearts.
- Revival is not about redeeming a generation for eternity but returning to God everyday.
So whether you understand revival or not, or whether you’ve experienced it or not, you must remember that the height of revival is hidden in the heart for revival. It’s from the inside-out, not from the outside-in! Don’t miss the point!
Please don’t stop your work here, Lord. Give us the power to understand Your love and help us to experience the love of Christ in our hearts! More Lord, more! Give us mighty inner strength through Your Holy Spirit so that we can continue to seek a daily revival! Start in our hearts, Lord!
Posted on May 29, 2011, in Preaching & Teaching, Theocentric Orientation and tagged revival. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Pingback: What’s brewing… 28th May 2011 « flushed.