A couple of weeks ago, RY (t)asked me to rewrite the R-AGE webpage text on the Grace AG website as the current page is severely inaccurate and outdated. It’s been sitting on my list of to-dos for a while now and I felt really good to finally nail it yesterday. Here’s the raw copywriting of what we should see on the updated webpage in future, once the design and layout is completed. A shout-out to the six youths who have decided to help me with this! I was really blessed to receive your mini-testimony! Thanks! (The reward for helping me? Your names are now forever etched into R-AGE web history. HA!)
I’ve also decided to incorporate this as a part of my blog – you’ll see the link above as a tab. After all, R-AGE is a part of me. I don’t know about you, but I’m really proud to belong to this awesome, God-sent, life-changing youth group!
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into light.”
1 Peter 2:9
Established in 1997, R-AGE is the thriving youth ministry of Grace Assembly of God and its exciting activities are held at both the Grace I (Tanglin Road) and Grace II (Bukit Batok) campuses. At R-AGE, we are in the business of Redeeming A Generation for Eternity, and we desire to nurture a generation to have a heart that loves God, a mind that knows God, a character that reflects God, and a lifestyle that proclaims God.
R-AGE is specially designed for youths in secondary schools, junior colleges, polytechnics and other pre-university institutes – our curriculum is tailored to meet their unique spiritual needs. We want our young people to love God with all their hearts, embrace one another in Christ-like love, abide in the Word of God, serve each another in humility, and touch their communities with God’s love.
At R-AGE, our home-grown pastoral staff and team of dedicated lay leaders yearn to raise more young people to be more like Jesus; we want to see young people minister to young people. So get in touch with one of us today and join us for our happening services and homely cell groups this weekend! If you are our age, then you have to be a part of R-AGE.
|Rev Ronald Yowfirstname.lastname@example.org||64100 815|
|Pas Li Cui Xianemail@example.com||64100 817|
|Bro Joey Asherfirstname.lastname@example.org||64100 825|
|JOIN US!||R-AGE @ GI (Tanglin)||R-AGE @ GII (Bt Batok)|
|Youth service||11:15am, every Sunday||3:00pm, every Saturday|
|Youth cell||9:00am, every Sunday||4:30pm, every Saturday|
But don’t take our word for it – hear what our youths have to say about their youth ministry!
“R-AGE has impacted me in more ways than you can imagine. I’ve met so many new and wonderful friends that I’ll keep for the rest of my life. Getting closer to God and to know Him even more in the company of my friends has to be the best gift I could ever receive from R-AGE; now I want to walk the right path – with God!”
>>> Darren Toh, 13-year-old youth (student), Bukit Panjang Govt High
“R-AGE has impacted me from the day I stepped in. I’ve grown closer to God and no matter what difficulties I face, I’ll always find a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear and someone to advise me. In R-AGE, I know that when I’m afraid or in trouble, there’s always someone to help me and God to guide me!”
>>> Phoebe Tan, 15-year-old youth (student), CHIJ (Toa Payoh)
“When I came to R-AGE, I was a lost soul filled with sin and doing bad things. As I attended R-AGE regularly, I accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour and have grown in my faith. I am renewed, restored and redeemed, and I strive to shine for God, whose presence in my life is beyond words.”
>>> Tan Jun Liang, 17-year-old youth (student), Dunearn Sec Sch
“R-AGE is my spiritual home and it’s where I’ve grown and matured. ‘Friends forever’ is a reality made possible because of the strong bonds forged within R-AGE. I’ve had opportunities to serve and through it, I’ve come to love R-AGE even more. I used to think that I was a part of R-AGE, but now, I think R-AGE is a part of me.”
>>> Chua Yi Xian, 19-year-old youth leader (undergraduate), NTU
“R-AGE has been a part of my life for the last nine years and it has been such an exciting and vibrant journey! It’s the place to worship God with fellow sisters and brothers in Christ, the place to make friends – lifelong ones, the place to serve Him in creative capacities, and the place where He resides in!”
>>> Adora Tan, 21-year old youth leader (undergraduate), SMU
“R-AGE, to me, is a ministry where God is rising up a generation who loves and seeks Him with all their hearts; a generation who finds the reward of living a life for Christ or pursuit of God, is God Himself.”
>>> Kenneth Yeo, 24-year-old youth leader (working adult), IRAS
May I proudly present the 21 new categories of this blog and may it enhance your browsing experience here. Every category has a story to tell. (This is crazy, but I really enjoyed writing the descriptions of each category; it’s kinda like copywriting, which I thoroughly reveled in when I worked in OCS and Shanghai. Creative catharsis, baby!) Enjoy!
1. A Walk To Remember | Life is a journey that never ends; let’s take a trip into my history to reminisce the (good) ol’ days.
2. Affirming Faithfulness | The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases and His mercy endures forever; I recount His great faithfulness through my blessings.
3. Attempted Provocation | I attempt to write daily because I am in the business of shifting paradigms, especially that of my own – so help me God.
4. Creative Expressions | My little anthology of poetry, song, art and the finer things in life – for that’s what we stay alive for.
5. Extraordinary Mundane | Daily routines are mundane; I set myself apart by living my humdrum life extraordinarily.
6. Forever Young | The craziest and most memorable periods of our lives happen in the springtime of youth (ministry)!
7. Heart Upon Sleeve | Passion is one of the core values of my life and very often, I spill my heart best through words.
8. In Your Face | Being authentic is one of my codes of conduct; I don’t want to be perfect, I just want to be real.
9. Leadership Lessons | Leadership is a skill best taught through real-life experiences and best learnt through real-life examples.
10. Mentoring Minutes | The issue of mentoring is the mentoring issue; these are the highlights of my mentoring journeys.
11. Ooh Aah Cantona | Eric “Le King” Cantona was the birthplace of my fervour for all things Manchester United, football and the number 7.
12. Picture Perfect | A picture unveils a thousand words and a photograph reveals emotion; life is digitalised by a kaleidoscope of pixels.
13. Preaching & Teaching | Excerpts of all my sermon transcripts and lesson outlines are found in this museum of learning.
14. Previews & Reviews | My honest opinion on just about everything – books, music, movies, websites, places, food, events and people.
15. Quote & Unquote | There’s an abundance of wisdom out there; this is my attempt to be learned by borrowing some of it for personal perusal.
16. Retrospective Reflections | Hindsight bias inclines me to interpret past events with an awareness of the present to reveal insights into the future.
17. Simple Pleasures | Godliness with contentment is great gain; may God forbid me to take for granted the simple things in life.
18. Spontaneous Conversations | A conversation with people and a dialogue with God always energises my Sanguine and keeps me functional.
19. The Greatest Gift | The greatest gift one could ever give to a young person is to believe in him or her; may you and I give generously then.
20. Theocentric Orientation | The Word of God is living and active, and beckons us to discover its revelations through intentional exegeses.
21. Top Ten & Other Lists | Be it ABC or 123, this is a consolidation of every single list that appears on this blog.