day one – come to Me and you will find rest.
I’m blogging from my mobile phone so posts will be short and sweet. I’ll do the tagging and categorising when I’m back in Singapore. These are what I took home from day one at the Grace Retreat 2010.
- There’s a need to be a man of the Word but it’s also important to be a man of the Spirit because the Spirit gives birth to the truth of the Word.
- I can pastor people but I can’t do their ministry. (I’ve actually written an entire entry on this but I guess I’ll wait until after Retreat to elaborate on it.)
- In Matthew 11:28, it’s almost as if Jesus was saying, “If you don’t come apart, you will come apart”. I thought that was a nice word play with nuances of truth.
- Going out of wine was the most disastrous scenario for Jewish customs; this was paralleled to being “weary”. Will read up more before I nod in agreement.
- When the enemy can’t take your heart, he’ll take your vision. That’s why it’s important that you always have vision – one of the most common and significant miracles Jesus did was to heal the blind, so they they could see the plans of God; a good analogy, but a little presumptuous, nonetheless, I’ll give benefit of doubt.
That aside, God has been speaking to my heart about certain issues I’ve been struggling with pertaining to ministry. I will continue to struggle with the Lord on these matters.
Lord, may You reveal things to me that would change my life. I love You and I need you to touch me fresh and anew. I cannot run on empty and I need Your grace in my life to help me operate and advance. Spirit, don’t pass me by…
Posted on June 8, 2010, in Affirming Faithfulness, Attempted Provocation, Extraordinary Mundane, Preaching & Teaching, Previews & Reviews, Quote & Unquote, Retrospective Reflections, Spontaneous Conversations, Theocentric Orientation, Top Ten & Other Lists and tagged come apart, enemy, God, grace of God, Grace Retreat 2010, heal the blind, heart, Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, Jewish custom, man of the Spirit, man of the Word, ministry, mobile blogging, out of wine, pastor, Singapore, struggle, truth, vision, wordplay. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.