top ten personal requests.
Posted by Joey Asher Tan
I’ve been wanting to publish an entry to highlight some housekeeping matters for some time now and so I finally shall do it today. I’m pleased to say that this is the 180th post since this blog incepted last October. I’m still adding value to it so that your navigation is a breeze and your precious time with me in the virtual world is well-spent. In time to come, besides writing new material, I will also be cleaning up categories and tags, adding more pages and updating links. Basically, I want to enhance and improve the user interactivity and experience of my blog.
To make this happen, I need you to get involved. I know, from my previous blogs and from observing other blogs which are miles cooler than mine, that there are definitely more phantom than active readers. I think I have a healthy following on my blog and so I’d love to hear more from more of you. Reading your thoughts and opinions really does make writing a lot more fun I desire to incite responses. So, help me along yeah?
Without further ado, please allow me to present the top ten things you can do on my blog to enhance your experience here – these are also my personal requests as a writer. Yes, I’m shamelessly asking you to walk an extra mile with me. Would you? (:
1. SUBSCRIBE! If you are already checking my blog regularly, why not conveniently receive my new posts in your mailbox at the time of publication? Simply drop your email at the side bar on the right and click on subscribe.
2. RSS! (Trivia: did you know that it stands for “Really Simple Syndication”?) Most mailboxes have this function and most blog readers use this function. You can do that by clicking on the RSS icon on the right, the RSS word on top, or simply just click here.
3. COMMENT! Have I ever mentioned that I love receiving comments? If you are already leaving comments on my Facebook links, could I trouble you to leave your great comments on the blog itself? I request for this because I want to remember the comments. Comments on Facebook disappear into cyber wilderness over time, but comments here are saved and archived accordingly for future recapitulations.
4. RATE! I’ve added the rating system (“Rate This”) at the top of every post for your convenient rating. Ratings are useful indicators; good ratings help me to recognise popular entries that people have enjoyed and poor ratings help me to improve on my writing or selection of topics. It doesn’t matter if it’s one star or five stars. So for my sake, please just rate! (You remain anonymous anyway.)
5. RE-BLOG! Maybe you need ideas for new entries, maybe you have done a little reflection after reading my posts, or maybe your comments are so long it could become a post itself. It’d be my honour if you, from time to time, used my blog as a base for your thoughts and entries. My only request is that you let me know, so that I can check it out and reciprocate the gesture.
6. EXPLORE! Check out my pages, links, categories, tags and archives and search my blog (using the search field on the right)! My desire is to, after a year or two, have written on enough topics that this blog becomes a comprehensive collection of matters which matter to me.
7. CONTACT! It’s always fun to hear from strangers and I’ve “met” a couple of them here already – where I’ve “heard” their voices before I’ve met them face to face. My contact details are virtually everywhere. You could also add me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter. I really enjoy meeting new people!
9. SUGGEST! I’d love to write on a topic that people are more interested or inclined to read. So from time to time, I’ll try to share my thoughts on what’s current or frequently-asked. If you could suggest a topic for me, I’d love to take it up for these “challenges” serve to make me a better writer.
10. PUBLICISE! In layman terms, please spread the word for me! If you know someone who may be blessed by or benefit from what I share on this blog, please tell them about it. Also, do link me to your blog – I’ll return the gesture and link yours to mine.
Well, that brings me to the end of my 180th post. I hope you’ve enjoyed your time here for I’ve certainly enjoyed your virtual presence here. I look forward to spilling my brains out on a daily basis and also to seeing my top ten requests as a writer being fulfilled. Thank you for your continuous support; your encouragement really makes a difference and spurs me on to write some more. (:
About Joey Asher TanApart from Jesus, I can do nothing; I am absolutely nothing without Christ.
Posted on August 3, 2010, in Affirming Faithfulness, Extraordinary Mundane, Simple Pleasures, Top Ten & Other Lists and tagged active readers, archives, blog, categories, comment, comprehensive, contact, current, explore, facebook, frequently-asked, housekeeping, improve, indicators, link, links, meet new people, pages, phantom readers, publicise, rate this, ratings, re-blog, read, reader, Really Simple Syndication, Reflection, RSS, search, spread the word, strangers, subscribe, suggest, tags, twitter, write, writer. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.
Hey brother Joey I find that your blog is awesome and everyday I enjoy hoping that you will post a post :D I hope that you will continue this as these posts has helped me alot through tough times :) and it will help another person somewhere too (:
hey darren boy! thanks for your encouragement! i’m delighted that this blog has helped you through some tough days. may you continue to shine for the Lord wherever you are. thanks for sharing your life with me. (:
Hmmm…Does Blogline count for anything? And ooh, teach me how to add the rating thingy! Btw, I’m fulfiling request #3: Commenting. Heh.
Yo jo! Ratings – you can add it as a widget I think. Go to appearance > themes > widgets. There are a lot of ways to customise your blog. That’s why I love wordpress! Haha. I think your daily hits will register bloglines reads as syndicated views, which also includes email views. Haha the stats are quite a fun part of wordpress, especially when you see what people search on google and end up at your blog. No regrets in switching over right?
Ok, I only understood like half of whatever you’ve said but yea, don’t worry, I’ll figure it out. Haha…
Btw, received the e-angbao. Thanks! :)
you are welcome. and you’ll get used to wordpress in no time…
In case you hvaen’t noticed, i really enjoy reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a daily basis. It not only spur me on in my walk with God but it also lets me know what is going on in your life (even if its limited) even though we are seperated by miles of ocean.
It’s always good to hear from you! Thanks for dropping a note. It pleases me that we’re able to keep in touch in such a manner. I read your blog too! It’s like a collection of poems more than anything else. Haha. It’s great man. I remember how you started your blog as an outlet for your melancholy. Good to see that it’s served you well. :)
I miss you too bro!